Blog page 202




                                               

St. Astvatzatzin

The church of St Astvatzatzin in Armenia is a series of small, free-standing cruciform churches and was built in 1866 and for which quite a large number of decorative parts from the already ruined cathedral was used. The entire area contains a ri ...

                                               

Surp Gevork Church, Kosh

St. Grigor and St. Gevork are protected within Kosh, Armenia, and an oil refinery. The fortress of Kosh is located in the northern part, top of a hill with right-angled corners and circular towers, built with clear cut large tuff stone blocks, wi ...

                                               

Saint Gregory the Illuminator Church, Yerevan

Saint Gregory the Illuminator Church was an Armenian Apostolic church in Yerevan, Armenia, that was destroyed in 1939. It was located on the site of what is now Yeghishe Charents School on Amiryan Street, Yerevan.

                                               

Saint Marianeh Church, Ashtarak

Saint Marianeh church, also known as Saint Marineh, is a medieval Armenian church located in the town of Ashtarak in the Aragatsotn Province of Armenia. Nearby are the churches of Karmravor, Spitakavor, Tsiranavor, and Surp Sarkis. There is also ...

                                               

Saint Mesrop Mashtots Church

Saint Mesrop Mashtots Church is an Armenian Apostolic church in Oshakan that contains the grave of Mesrop Mashtots, the inventor of the Armenian alphabet. It is one of Armenias better known churches and a pilgrimage site. Pilgrims visit the churc ...

                                               

Saint Sarkis Church of Ashtarak

The church of Saint Sarkis is located at the edge of a gorge opposite the town of Ashtarak in the Aragatsotn Province of Armenia. It is situated at an attractive point at a promontory overlooking the gorge and offers a fine view to the three chur ...

                                               

Saint Sarkis Church of Tsovinar

The small church of Saint Sarkis is located in the foothills south of Lake Sevan in the Gegharkunik Province of Armenia. The structure was built between the 12th to 13th centuries and sits south of the village of Tsovinar on a promontory overlook ...

                                               

Samsonavank Monastery

Samsonavank Monastery is a 12th-13th century monastery easiest reached via Yenokavan in the Tavush Province of northern Armenia. It is a small monastic complex that is located in a forested area along the slopes of a mountain approximately 6 km t ...

                                               

St. George Church, Sverdlov

St. George is a 6th-century Armenian church located at the outskirts of Sverdlov village, Armenia. The church has underrun reconstruction in 19th century and by 2010. The recent reconsecration took place on June 19, 2010 under leadership of Bisho ...

                                               

Surp Astvatsatsin Church of Karbi

The church of Surp Astvatsatsin is located just off of the main highway through the village of Karbi in the Aragatsotn Province of Armenia. The basilica was completed between the years of 1691–1693, while the belfry was built earlier in 1338.

                                               

Surp Hovhannes Church of Voskevaz

Surp Hovhannes or Voskevaz Church is a 7th- to 12th-century basilica located in the village of Voskevaz in the Aragatsotn Province of Armenia.

                                               

Surp Hovhannes Church, Byurakan

Surp Hovhannes Church is an important 10th century basilica located in the village of Byurakan in the Aragatsotn Province of Armenia. Not very far away from S. Hovhannes in the same village, are the ruins of the Artavazik Church of the 7th centur ...

                                               

Yeghipatrush Church

The Surb Astvatsatsin Church ; also Yeghipatrush Church is a church located in the village of Yeghipatrush in the Aragatsotn Province of Armenia. It was constructed between the 10th and 13th centuries. Nearby is an Early-Medieval cemetery contain ...

                                               

Am Schopfwerk Church

Am Schopfwerk Church is a Roman Catholic parish church, dedicated to Saint Francis of Assisi, and is the most recently built church in Meidling, the 12th district of Vienna, Austria.

                                               

Bummerlhaus

The Bummerlhaus is a gothic building in Steyr, Austria. It is the best preserved late Gothic mansion in Steyr, and is one of the finest medieval secular buildings in Austria. The oldest part of the building dates from the thirteenth century, and ...

                                               

Dachstein Chapel

The Dachstein Chapel is located immediately next to the Simony Hut in the Dachstein Mountains. It lies at a height of 2.206 m and is the highest place of worship in the Northern Limestone Alps. It is located within the municipality area of Hallst ...

                                               

Donau City Church

The Donau City Church, known more formally by its dedication as Christus, Hoffnung der Welt is a Roman Catholic parish church in Viennas 22nd district. The church is located next to the Vienna International Centre. Its architect is Heinz Tesar.

                                               

Franciscan Church, Graz

The Franciscan Church and Franciscan Monastery are a church and associated monastery in the centre of the city of Graz, Austria. The monastery was founded by the Franciscan order, who still own it, and is first mentioned in 1239. In the church, a ...

                                               

Gurk Cathedral

Gurk Cathedral is a Romanesque pillar basilica in Gurk, in the Austrian state of Carinthia. The former cathedral and current co-cathedral of the Catholic Diocese of Gurk was built from 1140 to 1200, it is one of the most important Romanesque buil ...

                                               

Herz-Jesu-Kirche

The Herz-Jesu-Kirche is the largest church in Graz, Austria. It was designed down to the last detail by architect Georg Hauberrisser and constructed from 1881 to 1887. The church was designed in the Neogothic style, with a large, high nave and un ...

                                               

Hietzinger Synagogue

The Hietzinger Synagogue was a synagogue in the Hietzing district of Vienna, Austria. It was destroyed during the Reichskristallnacht in November 1938.

                                               

Innsbruck Observatory

Innsbruck Observatory is an astronomical observatory owned and operated by the institutes of astrophysics out of the University of Innsbruck. It is located in Innsbruck, Austria.

                                               

Leitturm

Leitrum is a concrete bunker and antiaircraft tower in Vienna built by the Nazis during the Second World War. It is one of six such structures in Vienna and has, in modern times, come under controversy as to whether the towers should be demolishe ...

                                               

Pilgrimage Church Maria StraSengel

The Pilgrimage Church Maria StraSengel is a fourteenth century Gothic church located on a hill overlooking the market town of Judendorf-StraSengel in the district of Graz-Umgebung, a few kilometres northwest of Graz, Austria on the right bank of ...

                                               

Mayerling

Mayerling is a small village in Lower Austria belonging to the municipality of Alland in the district of Baden. It is situated on the Schwechat river, in the Wienerwald, 15 miles southwest of Vienna. From 1550, it was in the possession of the abb ...

                                               

Murinsel

The Murinsel in Graz, Austria, is an artificial floating "island" in the middle of the Mur river and links the two banks on both sides. At night the blue navigation lights that surround the structure light up. This landmark of Graz was designed b ...

                                               

Muttereralmbahn

The Muttereralmbahn is an aerial tramway in Mutters, Tyrol, Austria. In 1954, the first cable car leading from Mutters to the popular Mutterer Alm ski resort was opened. This facility, known for its characteristic egg-shaped cabins, was shut down ...

                                               

Neudeggergasse Synagogue

Neudeggergasse Synagogue was a Jewish synagogue in Vienna, Austria. 1 The synagogue served the Jewish community of the VII. and VIII. Districts. It was commissioned by Baron Moritz von Konigswarter, and the architect was Max Fleischer. The synago ...

                                               

Observation Tower Burgstall

The Observation Tower Burgstall is a 24 metre tall observation tower on the Burgstall mountain near the village Kirchberg on the Danube River in Austria. The tower has an unusual pentangular cross section.

                                               

Palais Ferstel

Palais Ferstel is a building located in Herrengasse street, in Vienna. It was originally built as a National Bank and stock exchange building in 1860. It was constructed by Baron Heinrich von Ferstel. The design of the building is reminiscent of ...

                                               

Parish church of St. Gallus, Bregenz

The parish church of St. Gallus is a Roman Catholic church in the city of Bregenz in Vorarlberg, Austria. The church is situated in the southeast of the city center in the district of Bregens village on a terrace, which slopes down to the creek v ...

                                               

Patscherkofel Transmitter

The Patscherkofel Transmitter is a facility for FM and TV on the mountain Patscherkofel near Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria. It uses as its antenna a 50-metre high free-standing lattice tower, built in 1958.

                                               

Pazmanitentempel

The Pazmanitentempel, also known as the Synagogue in der Leopoldstadt, Pazmanitengasse 6, was a large synagogue in Viennas second district Leopoldstadt. It was designed and constructed by the architect Ignaz Reiser and dedicated on 28 September 1 ...

                                               

PlusCity

PlusCity is a shopping centre in Pasching in Upper Austria. It is located southwest of Linz and opened in October 1989. It has a total retail floor area of approximately 70.000 square meters on two main floors, which makes it the fifth largest ma ...

                                               

Shopping City Sud

The Shopping City Sud is a shopping centre located in Vosendorf and Wiener Neudorf, south of Vienna, Austria. With a leasable area of 235.000 m 2 2.530.000 sq ft, it is the biggest shopping mall in Austria. It contains over 330 shops and has arou ...

                                               

St. Nicholas Church, Inzersdorf

Established in 1217, Inzersdorf has got one of the oldest Catholic parishes in the Greater Vienna area. The gothic predecessor building to todays church was first damaged during the Battle of Vienna and, after being renovated in 1742, was demolis ...

                                               

Theresienbad

The Theresienbad is a complex of indoor and outdoor swimming pools in the Meidling district of urban Vienna. It includes an indoor pool with a sauna, a Turkish bath and former public bath and a diving platform, and a summer pool. There is a heate ...

                                               

Tyrolean Zugspitze Cable Car

The Zugspitzebahn was the first wire ropeway to open the summit of the Zugspitze, Germanys highest mountain on the border of Austria. Designed and built by Adolf Bleichert & Co. of Leipzig, Germany, the system was a record-holder for highest alti ...

                                               

Leopoldstadter Tempel

The Leopoldstadter Tempel was the largest synagogue of Vienna, in the district of Leopoldstadt. It was also known as the Israelitische Bethaus in der Wiener Vorstadt Leopoldstadt. It was built in 1858 in a Moorish Revival style by the architect L ...

                                               

Wahringer Tempel

The Wahringer Tempel was a synagogue in the district of Wahring in Vienna. SchopenhauerstraSe 41. It was destroyed during the Reichskristallnacht in 1938.

                                               

Embassy of Belarus, Kiev

Diplomatic relations between Ukraine and Belarus established December 27, 1991. Embassy of Ukraine in Belarus was launched June 30, 1992. Belarus embassy in Kiev was opened October 12, 1993.

                                               

Chayka transmitter Slonim

Chayka transmitter Slonim is the 2nd secondary station of the Western Russian Chain RSDN-3 with a transmission power of 450 kW. Chayka transmitter Slonim, situated near Slonim, Belarus at 53°7′55.2″N 25°23′46″E.

                                               

Church of Holy Trinity, Minsk

Church of Holy Trinity also known as St. Roch on the Golden Hill is a Roman Catholic church in Minsk. In the 1930s, the church was closed and the valuables removed by the Soviet authorities. Renovation of the church started in 1983.

                                               

Grodno TV Tower

Grodno TV Tower is a 254 metre tall lattice tower at Grodno, Belarus, built in 1984 from unique design. Its top is similar to the Wavre Transmitter guyed at four crossbars. Grodno TV Tower is used for FM and TV broadcasting. A nearly identical bu ...

                                               

Hajciunishki

Hajciunishki is a village in Belarus. It is known for a castellated house of Nonhart family, erected in the early 17th century.

                                               

Holy Spirit Cathedral (Minsk)

The Holy Spirit Cathedral in Minsk, Belarus is dedicated to the Holy Spirit. It is the central cathedral of the Belarusian Orthodox Church. The cathedral dates back to 1633–1642, when the Bernardine monastery was built, at a time when the city wa ...

                                               

Kosava Castle

Kosava Castle is a ruined castellated palace in Gothic Revival style located in Kosava, Belarus. The estate was purchased in 1821 by Count Wojciech Puslowski. After Wojciech Puslowski the estate was inherited by his son Wandalin. Andrzej Tadeusz ...

                                               

Monastery of the Holy Spirit (Vitebsk)

Monastery of the Holy Spirit is a female Eastern Orthodox monastery in Vitebsk, Belarus. The monastery was founded in the 1380s by Duchess Uliana of Tver, wife of Algirdas, Grand Duke of Lithuania. Algirdas ordered to construction of the Cathedra ...

                                               

Svislach Castle

Svislach Castle was a castle that lay in the lands of present-day Belarus on the right bank of the Byarezina River in the place where it meets the Svislach River. Initially the castle was established as the center of the Duchy of Svislach; it lat ...

                                               

Troitsky Markov Monastery

The Svyato-Troitsky Markov Monastery is one of two modern-day monasteries in Vitebsk. The second, for females, is Svyato-Dukhov Monastery. Markov Monastery was founded in the 14th–15th century. A legend indicates that a certain Mark found a place ...