Blog page 203




                                               

King Fahd Mosque (Sarajevo)

King Fahd Mosque also known as King Fahd Bin Abdul Aziz Alsaud Mosque in Alipasino polje, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Currently the biggest mosque in Sarajevo, in respect to capacity. It is built in place where it was most needed, part of t ...

                                               

Krupa na Vrbasu Monastery

The Church of St. Ilija is a church located in Krupa na Vrbasu, Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is located about twenty kilometers upstream from Banja Luka in the Republic of Srpska. The Church was declared a national monument on the list of national ...

                                               

Čajnice Monastery

The Monastery of the Dormition of the Holy Virgin is a Serbian Orthodox monastery located in Čajnice, Republika Srpska. There are two churches side by side, the new and the old one. The old church dates from 15th century, and the new one was buil ...

                                               

Old Church of St. Nicholas, Javorani

Old St. Nicholas Church or Wooden church in Javorani in Javorani is Serbian Orthodox church in Bosnia. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. Church was built in 1756.

                                               

Saint Josephs Church, Sarajevo

The Saint Josephs Church is a Roman Catholic church in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. It was proclaimed a National Monument of Bosnia and Herzegovina in 2008. The initial design of St. Josephs church by Karel Paeik was based on the design for ...

                                               

Baldwins Tower

Baldwins Tower is a defensive tower located in the Bulgarian town of Veliko Tarnovo, in the southeast of the Tsarevets Fortress. The modern tower is designed by the architect Aleksandar Reshenov and built in 1930 based on the preserved medieval t ...

                                               

Banya Palace

Banya Palace is a royal summer villa or small palace on the northern outskirts of the town of Banya in Karlovo municipality, Plovdiv Province, southern Bulgaria. It was commissioned to University of Karlsruhe-educated architect Ivan Vasilyov afte ...

                                               

Basilica of the Holy Mother of God Eleusa, Nesebar

The Basilica of the Holy Mother of God Eleusa, Nesebar, is a former monastery church situated in the UNESCO World Heritage town of Nesebar in Bulgaria and dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title "Eleusa", Ελεούσσα in Byzantine Greek, ...

                                               

Batak Reservoir

The Batak Reservoir is located in the Rhodope Mountains and is the third largest in Bulgaria. It attracts many tourists and fishermen, and the resort Tsigov Chark was built on its shore. The lake is situated around 8 km away from the historic tow ...

                                               

Embassy of Bulgaria, Kiev

Consulate General of the Republic of Bulgaria in Odesa, Address: Posmitnyy St., 9, Odesa 65062, Ukraine Consulate General of the Republic of Bulgaria in Zaporizhia, Address: Khortytsya, 55, Zaporizhia 69017, Ukraine

                                               

Cathedral of St Joseph, Sofia

The Cathedral of St Joseph is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria. It is the co-cathedral of the Diocese of Sofia and Plovdiv, together with the Cathedral of St Louis in Plovdiv. The cathedral, rebuilt at its previous loc ...

                                               

Church of St. Nicholas, Sofia

The Church of St. Nicholas is an Orthodox Church in the Bulgarian capital of Sofia. The church was built in the 13th century by Kaloyan the sebastocrator as a small family church on todays Kaloyan Street behind the Rila Hotel. It is assumed that ...

                                               

Church of St Constantine and Helena

The Church of St Constantine and Helena is a church in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. It is considered to be among the oldest churches in the city. It was built in 337 at the sight of an ancient pagan temple in the acropolis on one of the fortified hills. Th ...

                                               

Church of St Paraskeva, Sofia

The Church of St Paraskeva is a Bulgarian Orthodox church in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria. The church, dedicated to Saint Paraskeva, is located on 58 Georgi Rakovski Street in the centre of the city. It is the third-largest church in Sofia. Pla ...

                                               

Church of the Holy Saviour, Nesebar

The Church of the Holy Saviour or Sveti Spas in the UNESCO World Heritage town of Nesebar, Bulgaria, is a 17th-century church building of 1609, 11.70 m long and 5.70 m wide, consisting of a single nave and apse. Although small, it is notable for ...

                                               

Dushantsi Reservoir

The Dushantsi reservoir is settled in the Balkan Mountains, Bulgaria. The dam wall can be easily reached by car, driving along the old road to Burgas. The area around the reservoir is used for outgoings, picnics, water sports and fishing. The Top ...

                                               

Golyam Beglik

Golyam Beglik is a reservoir near the central parts of the Rhodope Mountains, Bulgaria. It was formerly officially called the Vasil Kolarov reservoir in honour of Vasil Kolarov, a communist political leader of the Peoples Republic of Bulgaria. Th ...

                                               

Gorski Rai Refuge

The Gorski Rai Refuge is situated in the western part of the Balkan Mountains of Bulgaria, at 35 km from the town of Belogradchik and 17 kilometers from the village of Chuprene. The refuge is situated at an altitude of 1450 m and has 40 beds.

                                               

Ibrahim Pasha Mosque

The structure is situated in the city of Razgrad, Ludogorie Turkish: Deliorman region. Currently the mosque is closed for usage and its reconstruction still has not been completed since socialist Bulgarian times.

                                               

Interpred World Trade Center Sofia

The Interpred World Trade Center Sofia is an office building in Sofia, Bulgaria. It was built in the beginning of 1980s and has leasable space of about 12.750 sq.m. on 10 floors. It has 150 covered and 170 open parking slots and is served by the ...

                                               

Church of St John Aliturgetos

The Church of St John Aliturgetos is located in Nesebar, Bulgaria. The church was not consecrated, hence the name - "aliturgetos" αλειτούργητος is the Greek for "not consecrated". The legend says that one of the builders fell down and was killed. ...

                                               

Kardzhali Reservoir

The Kardzhali Reservoir is a reservoir formed by the Kardzhali Dam, situated less than 1 km to the west of the town of Kardzhali in Kardzhali Province, Bulgaria. It is the second largest reservoir by volume in the country. The dam was constructed ...

                                               

Kurshum Mosque

Kurshum Djamia Mosque is located in Karlovo, Plovdiv Province, Bulgaria. Kurshum Mosque was built in 1485 by Karlu Ali Bey. It is the oldest architectural monument in Karlovo.

                                               

Mania Tower

Mania Tower is a high-rise building located in the centre of Pleven, Bulgaria. The basement and the two lowest floors contain the City Centre Pleven shopping mall, while the tower is used as a business centre. The building was built as Hotel Plev ...

                                               

Ognyanovo Reservoir

Ognyanovo reservoir, also called Lake Ognyanovo, or Ognyanova, is a reservoir in Bulgaria near Sofia. Holding 32 million cubic metres of water, it is an important reservoir in Bulgaria. It impounds the waters of the Lesnovska river. On October 27 ...

                                               

Palitsi Reservoir

Palitsi Reservoir is a reservoir the village of Palitsi, Elena Municipality, Bulgaria. This reservoir is part of the Stara Planina mountain range, approximately 10 km east of the town of Elena. The waters of the lake are bred with carp, white fis ...

                                               

Pasarel Reservoir

The Pasarel dam and reservoir is located 20 km to the southeast of Sofia, Bulgaria at an altitude of 700 m. The dam is situated roughly halfway between the Iskar Reservoir and Lake Pancharevo near the village of Dolni Pasarel. Though built in the ...

                                               

St Paul of the Cross Cathedral

The St Paul of the Cross Cathedral is a Roman Catholic cathedral in the city of Rousse in northeastern Bulgaria. It is the cathedral church of the Nikopol diocese and it is dedicated to Saint Paul of the Cross, founder of the Passionists. Built i ...

                                               

Saragyol

It was built by Ferdinand I between 1912 and 1914. After the fall of the monarchy Sitnyakovo was used by the Fish-Hunting Union. This royal residence was returned to Tsar Simeon II in 2002 after he became Prime Minister. In 2014 a court decision ...

                                               

Shiroka Polyana

Shiroka Polyana is a reservoir lake situated in the Western Rhodopes mountains in Bulgaria. The lake is situated 30 km south of Batak, on the road to Dospat. It is located 1500 meters above sea level amidst a forest of old pine trees. Different l ...

                                               

Sitnyakovo

Sitnyakovo is a summer royal residence in Bulgaria. It is located on Rila mountain. The residence was built on commission by Ferdinand I of Bulgaria. Sitnyakovo is situated in close proximity to the Borovets resort and the Tsarska Bistritsa palac ...

                                               

Stara Zagora Transmitter

The Stara Zagora Transmitter was a high power mediumwave broadcasting station near Stara Zagora in Bulgaria. It had at least 3 guyed masts. One of these masts was a Blaw-Knox Tower. It was one of the few Blaw-Knox towers in Europe, along with sim ...

                                               

Studen Kladenets

The Studen Kladenets Reservoir is the third largest reservoir by volume in Bulgaria after Iskar Dam and Kardzhali Dam. It is situated on the river Arda, and is created behind the Studen Kladenets dam, 30 km south-east of the town of Kardzhali. Th ...

                                               

Troyan Monastery

The Monastery of the Dormition of the Most Holy Mother of God or, as it is more commonly called, the Troyan Monastery is the third largest monastery in Bulgaria. It is located in the northern part of the country in the Balkan mountains and was fo ...

                                               

Tsarska Bistritsa

Tsarska Bistritsa is a former royal palace in southwestern Bulgaria, high in the Rila Mountains, just above the resort of Borovets and near the banks of the Bistritsa River. Built between 1898 and 1914, it served as the hunting lodge of Tsar Ferd ...

                                               

Tsonevo Reservoir

Tsonevo Reservoir is a reservoir located in the valley of the Luda Kamchia River, 1 km from the village of Tsonevo. The reservoir ranks third in size in Bulgaria with water service of 17300 decameters. Its old name was Georgi Traikov. It has warm ...

                                               

Vitosha Mountain TV Tower

Vitosha Mountain TV Tower, better known as Kopitoto after the rock outcrop it stands on, is a 186-metre tall TV tower built of reinforced concrete on Vitosha Mountain near Sofia, Bulgaria. The footprint of the tower has the shape of a hexagon wit ...

                                               

Yovkovtsi

The Yovkovtsi Reservoir is situated in northeastern Bulgaria, 5 kilometres away of the town of Elena. It was built 20 years ago on the Veselina River. The reservoir is located in the territory of Elena municipality, and supplies water to Veliko T ...

                                               

Aquacolors

Aquacolors is a waterpark near the town of Porec in Croatia. Opened in May 2015, its construction covers 10 hectares and cost roughly 25 million euro. Its considered one of the largest waterparks in southeast Europe, and includes attractions such ...

                                               

Cathedral of the Annunciation, Gospic

The Cathedral of the Annunciation of Mary also called Gospic Cathedral It is a Catholic church in the city of Gospic in Croatia, and the seat of the Diocese of Gospic-Senj. The current cathedral was built between 1781 and 1783 in Baroque style. D ...

                                               

Chapels in Istria County

Istria County is the most northern county in Croatia. It borders on the west by the country of Slovenia and because it is a triangular peninsula it borders on two sides east and west on the Quarnero Sea. On the east side it borders with Dalmatia ...

                                               

Church of Pentecost, Markusica

Church of Pentecost in Markusica is Serbian Orthodox church in eastern Croatia. The church is one of two in the Eparchy of Osjecko polje and Baranja that is dedicated to Pentecost.

                                               

Church of Saints Cosmas and Damian, Lastovo

It is located in the oldest part of the town square and dates back to the 14th century. On the main altar is the painting of Saints Cosmas and Damian by the Italian Master Giovanni Lanfranco. Of the rest of the paintings, the Pietà, the work of a ...

                                               

Church of St. Euphemia, Rovinj

The Church of St. Euphemia, often known as the Basilica of St. Euphemia, is a Baroque church located in the heart of the historic part of Rovinj, Croatia, dominating the town. This three-nave church was built from 1725–36, over the remains of old ...

                                               

Church of St. George, Bobota

The Church of St. George in Bobota is Serbian Orthodox church in eastern Croatia. The church is famous for its icons in the iconostasis that were painted in 1778. During the Croatian War of Independence, administration of Eparchy of Osjecko polje ...

                                               

Church of St. George, Knezevo

The Church of St. George in Knezevo is Serbian Orthodox church in eastern Croatia. Church was built on the decision of king Alexander I of Yugoslavia. In this church there are two thrones, for king and queen, made of walnut wood.

                                               

Church of St. George, Varazdin

The Church of St. George in Varazdin is Serbian Orthodox church in Croatia. The church is dedicated to Saint George. Work on church were completed in 1884. The church is located inside of Varazdins main market place.

                                               

Church of St. Nicholas, Karlovac

The Church of St. Nicholas or Karlovac Cathedral, is a Serbian Orthodox church located in Karlovac, in central Croatia. The original church was finished in 1787, and was dedicated to Saint Nicholas. In 2007, the church was completely renovated.

                                               

Church of St. Nicholas, Mirkovci

Church of St. Nicholas in Mirkovci is Serbian Orthodox church in eastern Croatia. The church was constructed in period between 1804 and 1813. It was reconstructed three times in the 20th century, firstly in 1912 during Austria-Hungary, then in 19 ...

                                               

Church of St. Peter and Paul, Bolman

Church of St. Peter and Paul in Bolman is a Serbian Orthodox church in eastern Croatia. The church is dedicated to St. Peter and Paul. The church is listed in the Register of Cultural Goods of Croatia.