Blog page 214




                                               

Pumphouse ruins

The Pumphouse ruins on Kawau Island, New Zealand, belong to the copper mine established in 1844. The mine had ongoing problems, including legal, mismanagement, and flooding. To address the latter issue, a pumphouse was built in 1854. The ruins we ...

                                               

Rotowaro Carbonisation Plant

The Rotowaro Carbonisation Plant, also known as the Waikato Carbonisation Plant, was a coal processing plant in the Rotowaro/Huntly area, New Zealand. It was also the first plant to use the Lurgi process in the Southern Hemisphere.

                                               

Ruatuna

Ruatuna in Matakohe, New Zealand is a house built from kauri timber in 1877 overlooking the Kaipara Harbour. The house is the birthplace of Gordon Coates who served as Prime Minister of New Zealand from 1925 to 1928. Ruatuna was registered by the ...

                                               

Shore City Shopping Centre

Shore City Shopping Centre is an enclosed shopping centre in the North Shore suburb of Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand established in 1974. It was previously owned by Westfield Group and is now part of the Precision Group. The mall is near Takapu ...

                                               

Skycity Queenstown

SkyCity owns and operates two casinos in Queenstown. SkyCity Queenstown casino opened on 7 December 2000 – the fourth casino to open in New Zealand. In December 2012, SkyCity acquired full ownership of Queenstown Casinos Limited, the venue licenc ...

                                               

The Spur

The Spur is a collection of interconnected Arts and Crafts bungalows in Clifton, Christchurch. The bungalows and layout of the site were both designed by Samuel Hurst Seager between 1902 and 1912. Seager purchased the site for the subdivision in ...

                                               

Stafford Place

Stafford Place at 61 Redwood Road, Appleby, New Zealand, is registered with the New Zealand Historic Places Trust as a Category I structure. Stafford Place was built in 1866 for Henry Redwood and his wife Mary. Through his sister, Redwood was bro ...

                                               

State Theatre (Hamilton, New Zealand)

The State Theatre opened in 1932 on the corner of Victoria and London Streets in Hamilton, New Zealand. The movie theater remained in operation under that name until 1964 when, after a 10½-week renovation, it reopened as the Carlton Theatre and o ...

                                               

Stewart Dawsons Building

The Stewart Dawsons building is a historic building on the corner of Lambton Quay and Willis Street in Wellington, New Zealand. Built in 1901 for the London jeweller David Stewart Dawson, it is located on a prominent corner in two of Wellingtons ...

                                               

Stoddart Cottage

Stoddart Cottage is located in Diamond Harbour, New Zealand. Built in time for the wedding of his owner, Mark Stoddart, in February 1862, it was the birthplace of artist Margaret Stoddart. Stoddart Cottage is the oldest building in Diamond Harbou ...

                                               

Te Papaiouru Marae

Te Papaiouru is a marae at Ohinemutu, Rotorua, New Zealand. It is the home marae of the Ngāti Whakaue subtribes Ngāti Tae-o-Tū and Ngāti Tūnohopū. The maraes carved wharenui, Tamatekapua, is named after Tama-te-kapua, the chief or captain of the ...

                                               

Te Tomairangi Marae

Te Tomairangi Marae is an Invercargill Marae on the same city block as St Josephs School and St. Marys Basilica. In late 2005, the Marae was affected by vandals who set fire to the main building. Months previously a Warehouse within a few hundred ...

                                               

Turnbull House

Turnbull House is a historic building in Wellington, New Zealand. It was built in 1915 as the residence of Alexander Turnbull and to house his private library, later bequeathed to New Zealand as the Alexander Turnbull Library. It is listed by Her ...

                                               

Wellington Cenotaph

The Wellington Cenotaph, also known as the Wellington Citizens War Memorial, is a war memorial in Wellington, New Zealand. Commemorating the New Zealand dead of World War I, and World War II. it was unveiled on Anzac Day 1931 and is located on th ...

                                               

Wellington Harbour Board Head Office and Bond Store

Wellington Harbour Board Head Office and Bond Store is a historic building on Jervois Quay in Wellington, New Zealand. The building currently houses the Wellington Museum. It was commissioned in 1890 by the Wellington Harbour Board to replace woo ...

                                               

Wellington Harbour Board Wharf Office Building

Wellington Harbour Board Wharf Office Building is a historic building on Jervois Quay in Wellington, New Zealand. The building, is classified as a "Category 1" "places of special or outstanding historical or cultural heritage significance or valu ...

                                               

Worcester Chambers

The Worcester Chambers, recently also known as Gough Chambers, is a Christchurch, New Zealand, heritage building designed by Cecil Wood in 1926. Located at 69 Worcester Street in the Christchurch Central City, it was originally the site of a secr ...

                                               

Alcides Fernandez Airport

Alcides Fernandez Airport is a commercial airport on the Caribbean coast serving to town of Acandi in the Choco Department of Colombia. The airport is considered by residents of the town of Acandi to be an important link between that community an ...

                                               

Cerro Largo International Airport

Cerro Largo International Airport is an airport serving Melo, capital of the Cerro Largo Department of Uruguay. The airport is in the countryside 5 kilometres northwest of Melo. The Melo VOR-DME Ident: MLO and non-directional beacon Ident: MO are ...

                                               

Tacuarembo Airport

Tacuarembo Airport is an airport serving Tacuarembo, the capital of Tacuarembo Department in Uruguay. The airport is in the countryside 5 kilometres east of the city. The Tacuarembo non-directional beacon Ident: TBO and VOR-DME Ident: TMB are loc ...

                                               

Treinta y Tres Airport

Treinta y Tres Airport is an airport serving Treinta y Tres, capital of the Treinta y Tres Department of Uruguay. The airport is just northeast of the city. The Melo VOR-DME Ident: MLO is located 51.6 nautical miles 96 km north of the airport.

                                               

Vichadero Airport

Vichadero Airport is an airstrip serving Vichadero, a small town in the Rivera Department of Uruguay. The runway is in the countryside 10 kilometres northeast of the town. The Bage VOR-DME Ident: BGE is located 34.4 nautical miles 64 km northeast ...

                                               

Acari/Fazenda Botafogo Station

Acari/Fazenda Botafogo Station is a subway station on the Rio de Janeiro Metro that services the neighbourhoods of Acari and Coelho Neto in the North Zone of Rio de Janeiro.

                                               

Aguacatala station

Aguacatala is the 16th station on line A of the Medellin Metro going south. It is the last stop on the metro that is within the city limits of Medellin, and it is located in the industrial area of the city. The station was opened on 30 September ...

                                               

Alpujarra station

Alpujarra is the twelfth station on Medellin Metro from north to south. It is located in the center of the municipality of Medellin and is adjacent to La Alpujarra Administrative Center, which it is named after. Alpujarra is also near to Barefoot ...

                                               

Ayura station

Ayura is the 17th station on line A of the Medellin Metro going south. It is the first stop on line A that is outside the city limits of Medellin, being in the city of Envigado instead. The Carrefour in Envigado is near this stop, on Las Vegas Av ...

                                               

Cantagalo Station

Cantagalo Station is a station on Line 1 of the Rio de Janeiro Metro located in the Copacabana borough of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The station was opened in 2007.

                                               

Cardeal Arcoverde Station

Cardeal Arcoverde Station is a subway station on the Rio de Janeiro Metro servicing the Copacabana area. It opened in July 1998.

                                               

Catete Station

Catete Station is a subway station on the Rio de Janeiro Metro that services the neighbourhood of Catete in the South Zone of Rio de Janeiro.

                                               

Cementerios metro station

Cementerios is an underground metro station on the Line 2 of the Santiago Metro, in Santiago, Chile. The word cementerios means "cemeteries" in English and the station is so named due to its surroundings of Recoleta Avenue that forms the borders ...

                                               

Cerro Blanco metro station

Cerro Blanco is an underground metro station on the Line 2 of the Santiago Metro, in Santiago, Chile. The station takes its name from the nearby Cerro Blanco.

                                               

Cidade Nova Station

Cidade Nova Station is a subway station on the Rio de Janeiro Metro that services the neighbourhood of Cidade Nova in the North Zone of Rio de Janeiro. The station was opened in 2010.

                                               

Cinelandia Station

Cinelandia Station is a station on the Rio de Janeiro Metro that services the downtown of Rio de Janeiro. The station is located at the Praça Marechal Floriano commonly known as Cinelandia. The station is located on the site of the former Monroe ...

                                               

Ciudad del Niño metro station

Ciudad del Niño is an underground metro station on the Line 2 of the Santiago Metro, in Santiago, Chile. It is named for the former Ciudad del Niño Presidente Juan Antonio Rios.

                                               

Coelho Neto Station

Coelho Neto Station is a subway station on the Rio de Janeiro Metro that services the neighbourhoods of Coelho Neto and Iraja in the North Zone of Rio de Janeiro.

                                               

Colegio Station

Colegio Station is a subway station on the Rio de Janeiro Metro that services the neighbourhood of Colegio in the North Zone of Rio de Janeiro.

                                               

Condor station

Condor railway station on the Rio Mulatos-Potosi line, Bolivia, is the highest station in the western hemisphere, at an altitude of 4.786 m above sea level.

                                               

Cumming metro station

Cumming is an underground metro station on the Line 5 of the Santiago Metro, in Santiago, Chile. It is located underneath Catedral street in the commune of Santiago, between metro stations Quinta Normal and Santa Ana. The station opened on March ...

                                               

Dorsal metro station

Dorsal is an underground metro station on the Line 2 of the Santiago Metro, in Santiago, Chile. Along with Vespucio Norte and Zapadores, it was opened in 2006 Christmas Eve as part of an subway expansion master plan.

                                               

El Silencio station

El Silencio is a Caracas Metro station on Line 2. It was opened on 6 November 1988 as part of the extension of Line 2 from La Paz to El Silencio. The station serves as the northern terminus of the line and it is a transfer station, connected with ...

                                               

Engenheiro Rubens Paiva Station

Engenheiro Rubens Paiva Station is a subway station on the Rio de Janeiro Metro that services the neighbourhood of Pavuna in the North Zone of Rio de Janeiro.

                                               

Engenho da Rainha Station

Engenho da Rainha Station is a subway station on the Rio de Janeiro Metro that services the neighbourhood of Engenho da Rainha in the North Zone of Rio de Janeiro.

                                               

Escalada (Buenos Aires Premetro)

Escalada is a station on the Buenos Aires Premetro. It was opened on 29 April 1987 together with the other Premetro stations. The station is located in the Barrio of Villa Lugano, near the Parque de la Ciudad and Parque Indoamericano parks, a few ...

                                               

Estacion Central General Artigas

Estacion Central General Artigas is the former central railway station of Montevideo, Uruguay, situated in Aguada. Designed by the Italian engineer and architect Luigi Andreoni, it was opened to the public on 15 July 1897 and was closed on 1 Marc ...

                                               

Facultad de Derecho (Buenos Aires Underground)

Facultad de Derecho-Julieta Lanteri Station is a station on Line H of the Buenos Aires Underground which opened on 17 May 2018 as a one-station extension from Las Heras. It currently serves as the northern terminus of the line until it is extende ...

                                               

Faria Lima (São Paulo Metro)

Faria Lima is a metro station on Line 4-Yellow of the São Paulo Metro operated by ViaQuatro. It is localized in Avenida Brigadeiro Faria Lima, between Rua Teodoro Sampaio and Rua Cardeal Arcoverde, in the district of Pinheiros. Had its civil cons ...

                                               

Fatima (Buenos Aires Premetro)

Nuestra Señora de Fatima is a station on the Buenos Aires Premetro. It was opened on 13 March 2000 by the Buenos Aires Underground operator Metrovias and is one of only two Premetro stations to have been opened after the original inauguration of ...

                                               

Fernandez de la Cruz (Buenos Aires Premetro)

Fernandez de la Cruz is a station on the Buenos Aires Premetro. It was opened on 29 April 1987 together with the other Premetro stations. The station is located in the Barrio of Villa Soldati in the vicinity of Sacachispas Futbol Club.

                                               

Fradique Coutinho (São Paulo Metro)

Fradique Coutinho is a metro station on Line 4 of the São Paulo Metro operated by ViaQuatro. The station is located at Rua dos Pinheiros, 623 in the Pinheiros neighborhood. Although originally slated to open in 2010, the station was not inaugurat ...

                                               

Gabino Ezeiza (Buenos Aires Premetro)

Gabino Ezeiza is a station on the Buenos Aires Premetro. The station is on the branch that terminates at General Savio station. It was opened on 29 April 1987 together with the other Premetro stations. The station is located between the Barrios o ...