Blog page 219




                                               

St. Pauls Cathedral, Tirana

St Pauls Cathedral is a cathedral in Tirana, Albania. It belongs to the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Tirane-Durres. The stained glass window to the left of the front door features Pope John Paul II and Mother Teresa. Also a statue of Mother Tere ...

                                               

QTPK

QTPK is the main shopping centre in Korce, Albania. It was opened in 2006 near Korce Bazzar. By the Korce Bazzar law in 2016, of not allowing unchecked things, most of the shops were transferred here. The newly created shops are: Olympics, London ...

                                               

Red Mosque, Berat

According to Ottoman explorer Evliya Çelebi 1611-1682, the mosque was built under the reign of Bayazid II. It was probably built in the 15th century and was one of the oldest mosques in the country. It was probably built shortly after the conques ...

                                               

Rufai Tekke, Berat

The Rufai Tekke is a Cultural Monument of Albania, located in Berat and pertaining to the Rufai Sufi order. The teqe was built in the 18th century by Ahmet Kurt Pasha and pertained to the Rufai, a Sufi order.

                                               

Sacred Heart Church (Tirana)

The Sacred Heart Church is a Roman Catholic church in Tirana, Albania. Built in 1939 during the Italian invasion of Albania, it is the oldest Catholic church in the city.

                                               

St. Athanasius Monastery Church, Erind

St. Athanasius Monastery in Erind, a village in the Lunxher municipality, Gjirokaster County, Albania, is a 16th-century monastery. It is not part of the List of Religious Cultural Monuments of Albania.

                                               

St. Marys Church, Mbreshtan

St. Marys Church is a church in Mbreshtan, a village near Berat, Albania. It became a Cultural Monument of Albania in 1948.

                                               

St. Marys Monastery Church, Koshovice

St. Marys Monastery Church is a monastery church in Koshovice, Gjirokaster County, Albania. It is a Cultural Monument of Albania.

                                               

St. Michaels Church, Moscopole

St. Michaels Church, also known as Church of the Archangels Michael and Gabriel is an Orthodox church in Moscopole, modern southeastern Albania.

                                               

St. Paraskevis Church, Vallesh

St. Paraskevis Church is a church in Valesh, Elbasan County, Albania. It became a Cultural Monument of Albania in 1963.

                                               

Zekate House

Zekate House, is a house in Gjirokaster, Albania. The house, built in 1812, is said to be "one of the grandest examples of Gjirokaster architecture in the Ottoman style". Fortified tower houses, known as kulle in Albanian, belonged to wealthy peo ...

                                               

Anzalduas International Bridge

Anzalduas International Bridge is an international bridge over the Rio Grande, which connects the western outskirts of both the city of Mission, Texas in the United States and the city of Reynosa, Tamaulipas state, in Mexico. It provides cross-bo ...

                                               

Charles Duncan ONeal Bridge

Charles Duncan ONeal Bridge is a bridge in Bridgetown, Barbados. It is one of two bridges over the Careenage, the other being the Chamberlain Bridge, although unlike the Charles Duncan Bridge it does not take traffic. It is named after Charles Du ...

                                               

El Puente del Papa

El puente del Papa is a bridge located in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, across the usually dry Rio Santa Catarina. It took its name when Pope John Paul II offered a Catholic mass over the bridge. A flea market by the same name used to install it ...

                                               

Laredo Convent Avenue Port of Entry

The Laredo Convent Avenue Port of Entry is located at the Gateway to the Americas International Bridge. Since 1889, a bridge connected Laredo, Texas with Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas at this location. For many years, this was the only crossing for ve ...

                                               

Ojuela Bridge

The Ojuela Bridge or the Mapimi Bridge is a suspension bridge located in Mapimi, in the Mexican state of Durango, at the site of the Ojuela Goldmine. The Ojuela Bridge was designed by Wilhelm Hildenbrand and built by the firm of John A. Roebling ...

                                               

Pharr–Reynosa International Bridge

The Pharr–Reynosa International Bridge crosses the Rio Grande and U.S Mexico border. It connects the city of Pharr in Texas with the city of Reynosa and Mexican Federal Highway 2 in Tamaulipas state, Mexico The bridge handles commercial vehicles ...

                                               

Tampico Bridge

The Tampico Bridge is a vehicular cable-stayed bridge connecting the Mexican states of Tamaulipas and Veracruz in eastern Mexico.

                                               

Alfonso Reyes (Monterrey Metro)

Alfonso Reyes Station is a station on Line 1 of the Monterrey Metro. It is located in the intersection of Rodrigo Gomez and Alfonso Reyes Avenues in Monterrey, Mexico. This station is located in the Colon Avenue in the northeast side of the Monte ...

                                               

Aztlan (Monterrey Metro)

Aztlan Station is a station on Line 1 of the Monterrey Metro. This station is located on Aztlan Avenue in Monterrey. This station is located in the Colon Avenue in the northeast side of the Monterrey Centre. It was opened on 25 April 1991 as part ...

                                               

Central (Monterrey Metro)

The Central Station is a station on Line 1 of the Monterrey Metro. It is located in the Madero Avenue in the Monterrey Centre. This station is located in the Colon Avenue in the northeast side of the Monterrey Centre. The station was opened on 25 ...

                                               

Exposicion (Monterrey Metro)

The Exposicion Station is a terminal station on Line 1 of the Monterrey Metro. It is located on Juarez and Exposicion Avenues in the La Hacienda neighborhood in Guadalupe, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. The station was opened on 25 April 1991 as the eastern ...

                                               

The Ark (Prince Edward Island)

The Ark was a bioshelter constructed in Spry Point, Prince Edward Island, designed by architects David Bergmark and Ole Hammarlund, incorporating sustainable architecture technologies developed by the New Alchemy Institute. Construction began in ...

                                               

Chewitt Building

The Chewitt Building was a former multi-use commercial building located on the southeast corner of King and York Streets in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was designed by Toronto-based architect John G. Howard, who moved his offices to the building ...

                                               

Chez Piggy

Chez Piggy was opened in 1979 by Zal Yanovsky of the 1960s pop group The Lovin Spoonful and his partner Rose Richardson, who were both avid travellers who enjoyed good food and wanted to create a restaurant reflecting those traits. The restaurant ...

                                               

Henry Scadding House

The Henry Scadding House was built in 1862 as the home of Reverend Henry Scadding. It is a 6 Trinity Square, behind the Toronto Eaton Centre, adjacent to the Church of the Holy Trinity.

                                               

Holy Trinity Anglican Church (Alma, Prince Edward Island)

Holy Trinity Anglican Church is a large historic Carpenter Gothic style Anglican church building located at 40986 Western Road in the unincorporated village of Alma, 4 miles north of Alberton, Prince Edward Island Canada. It was built of wood bet ...

                                               

International Centre

The International Centre is a multi-purpose convention centre in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, located near Toronto Pearson International Airport. The International Centre is privately owned and hosts over 450 shows and events each year.

                                               

Joliette Institution for Women

Joliette Institution for Women is a prison for women in Joliette, Quebec, northeast of Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is operated by the Correctional Service of Canada and has a capacity of 132 prisoners. Built in 1997, it originally had a capacity ...

                                               

Kirkman House, Arnprior

Kirkman House in Arnprior, Ontario in Canada, is a historic house that was built in the 1870s. It was used during 1916 to 1995 as a convent home, and was known as Sacred Heart Convent. In 1996 it was renamed to "Kirkman House" and has been a bed ...

                                               

MacPhee House

The MacPhee House in Sheet Harbour, Nova Scotia is a former hotel and present day visitor information centre listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places for its heritage value. The ​ 1 ⁄ 2 -story house was built around 1875 in the centre o ...

                                               

Minto flywheel facility

The Minto Flywheel Facility for grid frequency regulation was the first in Canada. The 2 MW for 15 min flywheel storage facility in Minto Ontario, Canada opened in 2014. The flywheel system developed by NRStor and built by Temporal Power uses 10 ...

                                               

Pyatt Hall

Pyatt Hall is a concert hall on Seymour Street, Vancouver, Canada. It is a venue of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra School of Music. The hall is specially designed for musical purposes with a gala-lifting flooring system and "basalt stone and so ...

                                               

St. Catharines Components Plant

St. Catharines Components Plant is a General Motors manufacturing facility in Canada and one of two in St. Catharines, Ontario. Also called Manufacturing Facilities - St. Catharines Powertrain, it is located on Ontario Street. The plant makes fin ...

                                               

TCU Place

TCU Place, formerly known as the Saskatoon Centennial Auditorium, is a 104.000-square-foot convention and arts centre in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Situated in the Central Business District it is located next to Midtown Plaza. The Saskatoon ...

                                               

Texas Tower 5

Texas Tower 5 was a planned Texas Tower that was to be located on Browns Bank, 35 nautical miles south of the coast of Nova Scotia in 84 feet of water. The 4604th Support Group was supposed to be located at Pease Air Force Base, New Hampshire. Th ...

                                               

Timmins Square

Timmins Square is a shopping centre in the Mountjoy neighbourhood of Timmins, in Northeastern Ontario, Canada. It has 397.303 square feet of space. It has approximately 70 stores. Characterized as a regional shopping centre, Timmins Square draws ...

                                               

Andares

Andares is a shopping mall in Zapopan, Mexico, in the Guadalajara metropolitan area. This outdoor and indoor shopping center is located in the heart of the city. It opened on November 19, 2008. Anchors are Palacio de Hierro and Liverpool. The pro ...

                                               

Auditorio Siglo XXI

Auditorio Metropolitano is an indoor amphitheatre located in Puebla, Mexico. It was designed by famed Mexican architect Pedro Ramirez Vazquez.

                                               

Central de Autobuses Puebla

The Central de Autobuses Puebla is the major bus depot in Puebla and provides access to the vast majority of Mexico through a wide range of coach companies. Due to Pueblas proximity to Mexico City there are numerous routes running from CAPU to tw ...

                                               

Church of Analco, Puebla

The Church of the Santo Angel Custodio de Analco, commonly called the Church of Analco, is a Roman Catholic church under the jurisdiction of the Archdiocese of Puebla de los Angeles and dedicated to the Holy Guardian Angel of Puebla. It is locate ...

                                               

Donna–Rio Bravo International Bridge

The Donna – Rio Bravo International Bridge is an international bridge that spans the Mexico – United States border between Donna, Texas and Rio Bravo, Tamaulipas. The bridge was first opened to traffic on December 14, 2010. Currently only non-com ...

                                               

Embassy of Colombia, Mexico City

The Embassy of Colombia in Mexico City is the diplomatic mission of the Republic of Colombia to the United Mexican States; it is headed by the Ambassador of Colombia to Mexico. It is located in the Cuauhtemoc borough and neighbourhood of Mexico C ...

                                               

Forum Mall (Mexico)

The Forum Culiacan is a shopping mall located in Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico, in Desarrollo Urbano 3 Rios, one of the biggest districts in the city, next to Culiacan river. The two story complex includes many clothing stores, a petshop, a food cour ...

                                               

Galerias Monterrey

Galerias Monterrey was the first shopping mall in Monterrey, Mexico. Founded in 1983 with Liverpool, it has grown to attract upscale fashion stores, restaurants, and movie theaters.

                                               

Galerias Valle Oriente

Galerias Valle Oriente is a shopping mall in Monterrey, Mexico, located in the limits with San Pedro Garza Garcia, on Lazaro Cardenas Avenue, close to the Valle Oriente upscale development district. The mall takes its name from the district. The ...

                                               

Green View Tower

Green View Tower is a skyscraper in Tijuana, Mexico and has become a prominent fixture in the city. It is located within the central business district of Tijuana, the Zona Rio. It is composed of only 58 upscale condos. It features its own mall, p ...

                                               

Guillermo Haro Observatory

The Guillermo Haro Observatory is an astronomical observatory owned and operated by the National Institute of Astrophysics, Optics and Electronics in the Mexican state of Sonora. It is located 13 km north of Cananea and 85 km south-east of Mount ...

                                               

Hermosillo Cathedral

Hermosillo Cathedral or the Assumption Cathedral stands 30 meters tall as the principal church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Hermosillo and one of the most emblematic buildings of the Mexican city of Hermosillo. Before the actual building ...

                                               

Hermosillo Tower

Torre Hermosillo or Hermosillo Tower is the tallest tower in the city of Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico located exactly at Northeast Hermosillo. With 65 meters it rises above the Hotel zone in Hermosillo. It was completed in 1995 and has been an icon ...