Blog page 319




                                               

Nahrin District

Nahrin District is a district in the central part of Baghlan Province in Afghanistan. To the west lie the major towns of Baghlan and Puli Khumri. The district centre is Nahrin. The population of the district was estimated to be around 57.509 in 2 ...

                                               

Puli Khumri District

Puli Khumri, also spelled Pul-i-Khumri or Pol-e Khomri, is a district of Baghlan Province, Afghanistan. The population of the district was estimated to be around 191.640 in 2004. Tajiks are around 50% of the population and make up the majority in ...

                                               

Tala wa Barfak District

Tala wa Barfak is a district of Afghanistan situated in the most southwestern part of Baghlan Province. The capital is Taleh va Barfak.

                                               

Bala Kuh

Bala Kuh is a village in Balkh Province in northern Afghanistan. It has a population of 30.419 and a total area of 652.230 km. The capital city is Kabul and the currency is afghanis.

                                               

Charbolak District

Chārbōlak district is located in the western part of Balkh Province. Its capital is the village of Charbolak, 40 km northwest of Mazari Sharif. The majority of the population is Pashtun. The previous name of this district was Adina Masjid آدینه‌ ...

                                               

Charkint District

Charkint, or Chahar Kint, is a district in Balkh Province, Afghanistan. It has a population of 32.306. The district administration is located in Shar area of Charkint district, which means "four clusters/towns" - from Persian chahār, "four", and ...

                                               

Cheshmeh-ye Shafa

Cheshmeh-ye Shafa is a village in Balkh Province in northern Afghanistan. In October 2008, the French Archaeological Delegation in Afghanistan DAFA believed they have found a vast ancient city of Bactria. It is believed that the site could be whe ...

                                               

Chimtal District

Chimtal District also Chemtal or Chamtal is located in the western part of Balkh province, Afghanistan. The estimated population of Chimtal in 2004 was around 81.311, with Pashtuns being predominant. The capital is Chimtal.

                                               

Dawlatabad District

Dawlatabad District is a landlocked district, located in the northwestern part of Balkh province, in northern Afghanistan. The population is 101.900 people. The capital is the village of Dowlatabad at 298 m height above the sea level. Major ethni ...

                                               

Dihdadi District

Dihdadi District is situated in the central part of Balkh province, Afghanistan. It is not far from the capital of the province Mazari Sharif - about 15 km in eastern direction from the district capital Dihdadi.

                                               

Dowlatabad, Balkh

Dowlatabad is a village in Balkh Province in northern Afghanistan. The village is located in Dawlatabad, a landlocked district in northwestern Balkh province, in northern Afghanistan. The district consists of 52 villages located around the centre ...

                                               

Gur-e Mar

Gur-e Mar is a village in Balkh Province in northern Afghanistan. On January 22, 2010, the construction was started of a 75 km rail link from Hairatan near the border with Uzbekistan to a terminal at Gur-e Mar. The project is contractually schedu ...

                                               

Kaldar District

Kaldar is a small district in the northern part of Balkh Province, Afghanistan. The northern and the eastern border of the district is the large Amu Darya river. North of the river is Uzbekistan and east is Tajikistan. The main village, also call ...

                                               

Khulm District

Khulm or Khulmi is a district of Balkh Province, Afghanistan. District profile: Health centers: 2 basic, 2 comprehensive Villages: 91 Education: 7 primary, 13 secondary, 7 high schools

                                               

Kishindih District

Kishindih or Kishindeh district is the southernmost district in Balkh province. Its capital is Kishindinh Bala, situated in the northern part of the district.

                                               

Marmul District

Marmul is a small district, located in the central part of Balkh Province in northern Afghanistan. The capital Marmul is in its southern end on the border with the Chahar Kint district.

                                               

Sholgara District

Sholgara -gara, lit. "rice paddy field", old name Boyena Qara, Dari: بوینه‌قره ‎) is a district in the southern part of Balkh Province, Afghanistan. Sholgara, just south of Mazari Sharif, is strategically located at the crossroads between several ...

                                               

Shortepa District

Shortepa also Shor Tappeh is one of the 15 districts of Balkh province. Shortepa, a small district in Balkh Province, Afghanistan. It is situated along the Amu Darya river, across the border with Termez, Uzbekistan, and to the east Kaldar. The ma ...

                                               

Tazraq, Afghanistan

Tazraq is a village in Balkh Province, in northern Afghanistan. It is located near the border with Tajikistan, located on the Amu Darya river which forms the boundary.

                                               

Zari District

Zari is a district in Balkh Province, Afghanistan. It was created in 2005 from part of Kishindih District. District profile: Schools: 14 primary, 4 secondary, 4 high schools Health: 2 basic, 1 comprehensive, 33 posts 104 villages

                                               

Anvah-ye Kalan

Anvah-ye Kalan was a village in Bamyan Province in northern-central Afghanistan, it was destroyed by fighting between the Taliban and NATO troops and is now uninhabited.

                                               

Panjab, Afghanistan

Punjab is the capital of Panjab District - a mountainous district in the southwestern part of the Bamyan Province, Afghanistan. The town is situated at 34°23N 67°1E and has an altitude of 2.758 m altitude, the population was 9.900 in the year 200 ...

                                               

Aghdzk

Aghdzk is a village on the slopes of Mount Aragats in the Aragatsotn Province of Armenia. It is home to the Arshakid Mausoleum, a large grave monument complex and basilica of the 4th to 5th centuries. King Shapur II of Persia exhumed the bones of ...

                                               

Avan, Armenia

Avan is a village in the Aragatsotn Province of Armenia. The population of the village is mainly Armenian. It is home to the basilica-style church of Surb Astvatsatsin that sits along a street just off the main road beside the main cemetery. The ...

                                               

Dashtadem, Aragatsotn

Dashtadem ; Russified as Nizhniy Talin ; both meaning "lower Talin") is a village located in the Aragatsotn Province of Armenia. The village contains the large Dashtadem Fortress dating to the 10th century but substantially rebuilt in the 19th ce ...

                                               

Irind

Irind is a town in the Aragatsotn Province of Armenia located about 30 km east of the Turkish border. Irind was founded in 1921 by survivors of the Armenian Genocide who had fled from Mush and Sasun. The town contains a 7th-century octagonal chur ...

                                               

Mastara

For the town in Armavir province, see Dalarik Mastara is a village in the Aragatsotn Province of Armenia. The 5th-century Armenian Church of S. Hovhannes is situated in the northeastern half of the village, while the church of S. Stepanos Nakhava ...

                                               

Parpi

Parpi is a village in the Aragatsotn Province of Armenia. It is home to the 5th-century Tsiranavor Church, with 7th- and 10th-century modifications. There is also S. Grigor or S. Grigor Lusavorich Church and the 7th-century Targmanchats Church lo ...

                                               

Tegher, Armenia

Tegher is a village in the Aragatsotn Province of Armenia on the southern slope of Mount Aragats. It earns its name from the large assortment of healing herbs that are found in the surrounding vicinity. The town contains the Monastery of Tegher b ...

                                               

Voskehat, Aragatsotn

Voskehat, is a village in the Aragatsotn Province of Armenia, located on the right bank of Amberd river, 7 km southwest of the provincial capital Ashtarak. It is surrounded by the villages of Agarak from the north, Voskevaz from the east and Lern ...

                                               

Zovuni, Aragatsotn

Zovuni, is an abandoned village in the Aragatsotn Province of Armenia. It was formed during the 1828 by Armenian migrants from the village of Akori in Western Armenia. The villages was abandoned in 1965 and its ruins now lie beneath the Aparan Re ...

                                               

Hayanist

Hayanist was known as Qaraqıslaq until 1978 and Dostlugh until 1989, is a village in the Ararat Province of Armenia. The villages population is largely refugees from the population exchange with Azerbaijan in 1988–1989. It is located in the Arara ...

                                               

Verin Dvin

For the historic capital of the Kingdom of Armenia, see Dvin. Verin Dvin, is a village in the Ararat Province of Armenia located 30 kilometers south of Yerevan. The largest Assyrian community in Armenia is in Verin Dvin, where around 2.000 out of ...

                                               

Aknashen

Aknashen is a town in the Armavir Province of Armenia. The towns church is dedicated to Saint Bartholomew; nearby is a ruin of an 8th-century building.

                                               

Arshaluys

Arshaluys in the village of Vagharshapat in the Armavir Province of Armenia. It is located 14 km north-east from the regional center. It is located on the right bank of the Kasagh River. The city is about 19 km from Yerevan. The settlement is 860 ...

                                               

Aygeshat, Vagharshapat

For the other town of this name in Armavir Province, see Aygeshat, Armavir west. Aygeshat, is a village in the Armavir Province of Armenia. It is home to the ruined 6th- to 7th-century Targmanchats Vank or Church of Surb Targmanchats as well as t ...

                                               

Bambakashat

Bambakashat ; formerly known as Molla Bayazet or Mullah-Bayazid, is a village in the Armavir Province of Armenia. The Church of the Holy Mother of God in Bambakashat was built between 1901 and 1914 replacing a 17th-century wooden chapel. It was c ...

                                               

Geghakert

Geghakert, is a village in the Armavir Province of Armenia. The village has a 13th-century church known as Surb Harutyun., as well as a memorial fountain dedicated to those who died in World War II. There is also a school, first aid station, hous ...

                                               

Getashen, Armavir

Starting 2006 Children of Armenia Fund entered getashen with a holistic approach to advance the rural village life. The programs implemented include Crufts Clubs, Student Councils, Debate Clubs, Aflatoun Social-Financial Education Club, professio ...

                                               

Lernagog

Lernagog, is a village in the Armavir Province of Armenia. Formerly a sovkhoz, The village is sponsored by COAF Children of Armenia Fund and is one of the cleanest villages in Armenia. It has a very good school with the first creativity lab in Ar ...

                                               

Musaler

Musaler is a village in the Armavir Province of Armenia. The town was renamed in 1972 after Musa Ler, the site of Armenian resistance in 1915.

                                               

Noravan, Armavir

In 2012 the World Bank funded a road improvement in the area. Also in 2012, the Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan visited the area to see irrigation infrastructure works. The Irrigation System Rehabilitation Works are partly funded by the World Bank.

                                               

Parakar

Parakar ; formerly known as Shirabad, is a major village in the Armavir Province of Armenia. According to the 2010 official estimate, the population of Parakar is 9.297. The village is notable for its gypsum mine. The Zvartnots International Airp ...

                                               

Sardarapat, Armenia

Sardarapat, is a major village in the Armavir province of Armenia. The settlement was originally known as Sardarapat until 1935 when it was renamed Hoktember in memory of the 1917 October Revolution. In 1967, the village of Norapat was absorbed b ...

                                               

Verin Kelanlu

By 1937, it was part of Vagharshapat Echmiadzin district. The other name of the village is "Kolanlı Aralıq". Toponim colony formed by increasing the expression of the affiliation to the Turkish ethnonym meaning "the place belonging to the colony ...

                                               

Yervandashat, Armenia

Yervandashat is a village in the Armavir Province of Armenia. The village has a ruined basilica dated to the 4th or 5th century and the Saint Shushanik church of the 10th to 17th century. Along the main highway leading to and from the area are kh ...

                                               

Akhpradzor

The village has one school that has approximately 75 students from Kindergarten to 12th grade. Its principal, Ginevard Ghukasyan is the director of the school. The school is sponsored by a non-profit organization known as the Hidden Road Initiati ...

                                               

Artanish

Artanish is a village in the Gegharkunik Province of Armenia. On a hill just to the west are the ruins of cyclopean fortresses, and nearby is a church and cemetery.

                                               

Chambarak

Chambarak, is a town and urban municipal community in the Gegharkunik Province of Armenia. It was known as Mikhaylovka until 1920, Karmir Gyugh between 1920 and 1972, and Krasnosyelsk between 1972 and 1991. Chambarak was founded in 1835-40 as Mik ...

                                               

Gandzak, Armenia

Gandzak is a village in the Gegharkunik Province of Armenia. The village is located in Gegharkunik region, on the right coast of Gavar river, 3 km south-west from region center, with an average height of 1980 meters above sea level. The village w ...